Hyland Garden Design is based in Portland, Oregon, and offers residential garden design, coaching, and container planting and wizardy.
I design gardens that are “plant-driven”, exuberant, and sustainable.”
- Modern perennial & ornamental grass gardens
- Dry gardens with Mediterranean climate plants
- Multi-seasonal shrub borders and hedgerows
- Fantastic foliage shade gardens
- Exuberant planted containers and groupings
MY DESIGN STRENGTHS & PHILOSOPHY
- Matching appropriate plants to your house architecture, soils, light conditions, and microclimates.
- Helping you identify your own personal garden style and not forcing mine on you.
- Sharing an expansive command of woody plants (trees & shrubs), perennials, and annuals – cultivated and sharpened by my gardening experiences in different zones across the country.
- Designing exuberant containers and pots that have been featured regionally in New York’s Hudson Valley, the Berkshire Mountain region, even The New York Times… and now Portland.
- Promoting the use of foliage texture and color to enhance gardens – “flowers are fleeting, foliage rides the season”
Introductory Consultation @$125
Includes a site visit and discussion followed up with a summary email outlining design recommendations and preliminary planting suggestions.
Residential Planting Design @$85/hour (after Introductory Consultation)
Small spaces to large properties. Plant-driven, climate-adapted, easy-care.
Container Selection, Purchase & Design for Small Businesses @$85/hour
Streetside, entryways, patios, balconies, and terraces.